Chapter 2 : Lab 2.3.3 Prioritizing Business GoalsTelah dituliskan: Januari 6, 2011
Step 1: Determine the business goals
- Use word processing software to create a business goals document.
- From the sample interview in the FilmCompany case study document, identify and list the business goals that the network upgrade is expected to provide.
- Identify and list at least four business goals from the case study interview.
Step 2: Prioritize the business goals
- Rank the list of business goals in order of priority. Base this ranking on the information in the case study document and discussion with other students.
- List the ranked business goals in a table and assign a priority value as a percentage. The total of the percentage values must equal 100.
- Discuss your priority values with other students. If there are differences in priorities, discuss why this
Step 3: Reflection
Having prioritized the business goals as the stated objectives of a network upgrade project does not necessarily ensure that the project will be a success. These objectives need to be measured against success criteria to determine whether the business goals were achieved.
Before a project can be declared a success, the objectives must be shown to have met the success criteria statements. Consider and discuss possible success criteria based on the business goals for the FilmCompany network upgrade.
Discussion and outcomes vary but may include:
- Achieve a customer satisfaction measure of at least four on a scale of five within four months after upgrade.
- Increase the media data volume by 80% with 2 months of upgrade completion.
- Achieve positive cash flow from the stadium contract within 12 months.
- Increase financial turnover by 75% within 18 months.
- Respond to 90% of customer non-live media production requests within 12 hours and 100% within 18 hours.
- Reduce unit production costs by 15% over 6 months and 20% over 12 months.
- Meet customer live media production targets 97.5% of the time.
- Total project cost does not exceed 105% of the initial budget.
- The actual delivery schedule is within 105% of the initial deadline.
- Load testing confirms successful scale-up to 10 concurrent users, with data throughput rates at no less than 85% of specifications.
- All unauthorized network intrusions are intercepted, prevented, logged, and reported.
- The mean time to failure under specified load conditions is at least 100 hours.
- At least 75% of existing network components were reused.