CCNA Discovery 2 Module 7 Exam Answers Version 4.0Telah dituliskan: November 18, 2010
1. Which two statements are true about the OSI and TCP/IP?
•The OSI network layer is comparable to the Internet layer of the TCP/IP model.
•The TCP/IP model is based on four layers and the OSI model is based on seven layers.
2. To meet customer expectations, an ISP must guarantee a level of service that is based on what two factors?
3. User1 is sending an e-mail to User2@cisco.com. What are two characteristics of the process of sending this data?
• The same application layer protocol is used to send the e-mail and retrieve it from the destination server.
• SMTP is used to send the e-mail message to the mail servers.
4. Refer to the exhibit. Host1 is in the process of setting up a TCP session with Host2. Host1 has sent a SYN message to begin session establishment. What happens next?
• Host2 sends a SYN-ACK message to Host1.
5. What are three characteristics of network reliability?
• Redundant hardware provides enhanced reliability.
• Reliability is the responsibility of the ISP customers.
• The longer the MTBF, the greater the reliability.
6. Which two statements describe the FTP protocol?
• The protocol interpreter is responsible for the data transfer function.
• In passive data connections, the FTP client initiates the transfer of data.
7. What is the function of the TCP three-way handshake?
• It enables the synchronization of port numbers between source and destination hosts.
8. What are three characteristics of HTTPS?
• It supports authentication.
• It encrypts packets with SSL.
• It requires additional server processing time.
9. Which DNS zone resolves an IP address to a qualified domain name?
• dynamic lookup
10. What type of update allows client computers to register and update their resource records with a DNS server whenever changes occur?
11. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true about this file?
• The command ping fileserv will use IP address 172.16.5.10.
• If the ping http://www.cisco.com command is issued, the file will be checked for the Cisco web server IP address before DNS is queried.
12. Which two tasks are the responsibility of the local DNS server?
• mapping name-to-IP addresses for internal hosts
• forwarding name resolution requests to a caching-only server
13. What are three unique characteristics of UDP?
• low overhead
• no flow control
• no error-recovery function
14. A manufacturing company is looking into subscribing to services from a new ISP. The company requires hosted world wide web, file transfer, and e-mail services. Which three protocols represent the key application services that are required by the company?
15. Which two options correctly match protocol and well-known port number?
• HTTP – 80
• SMTP – 25
16. Within TCP, what combination makes up a socket pair?
• source IP address and port with a destination IP address and port
17. Which protocol is used to send e-mail, either from a client to a server or from a server to another server?
18. Refer to the exhibit. The PC is requesting HTTP data from the server. What is a valid representation of source and destination sockets for this request?
• Source – 192.168.1.17:80 ; Destination – 192.168.2.39:1045
19. What type of DNS server is typically maintained by an ISP?
20. A client is communicating with a server on a different segment of the network. How does the server determine what service is being requested by the client?
• The server will determine the appropriate service from the destination port field.
21. When a host is communicating with multiple applications on the same server at the same time, which of the following will have the same value for each session?
• IP address
• MAC address